CEDAR RAPIDS, IA–(Marketwired – Jan 9, 2014) – TaxACT professionals can now prepare and e-file individual, corporate and partnership returns with TaxACT Preparer’s Editions. The software, first released in October for early preparation and year-end tax planning, now includes finalized IRS forms.
“TaxACT is a dependable, affordable business partner for tax professionals,” said TaxACT President JoAnn Kintzel. “Our software and services make managing client data, preparing returns and business management easy and efficient, allowing customers to spend more time growing their business and optimizing profitability.”
Faster tax return preparation and filing
TaxACT Preparer’s Federal Editions include many time-saving features for faster tax return preparation.
- Import of last year’s returns
- Fast entry tools for W-2s, 1099s and investment transactions
- Investment data import from several brokerages or CSV (comma separated values) files
- New CSV Account Records Import for trial balance information from accounting software
- New to Preparer’s Editions, TaxTutor Guidance, a reference packed with explanations, tips and strategies for 2013 tax returns
- Schedule K-1 import from TaxACT 1065 or 1120S into the client’s 1040 return
- TaxACT Alerts check for errors, omissions and tax savings opportunities
- Affordable, integrated e-filing for federal and state returns
Preparers can enter data directly into tax forms, utilize the Q&A interview, or toggle between the two options to complete client returns.
TaxACT offers software and e-filing for all 1040 states. Software for 1065, 1120S and 1120 returns is available for 32 states with e-filing for 24 of those states.
More efficient business management
Preparer’s Editions are designed to help for small to mid-size businesses minimize time spent on day-to-day operations so they can focus on growing their business and revenue.
- Organize, manage and access client data and returns from one location with Client Manager
- Create customized client reports such as married filing joint vs. separate analysis, depreciation and disposal summaries, national averages comparison and capital gains summaries
- Personalize instruction letters with information clients need to complete their returns
- Customize invoices according to your pricing model
In addition to the above, Enterprise Editions offer several premium features, including network sharing for multiple users in one location, Document Manager for saving digital copies of client documents, free tax support via phone, online backup of returns on TaxACT’s secure servers and Appointment Manager.
Resources for increasing value and profitability
Businesses that want to offer clients additional refund options can choose from two TaxACT bank partners. Competitively-priced products include prepaid debit cards, electronic refund checks and electronic refund deposits.
Professionals can now purchase expert audit protection for their clients to provide additional peace of mind without having to become an IRS Enrolled Agent. For one low price, a client’s federal and state returns are covered for as long as they can be audited. If audited, experts guide clients through the process, handling all communication with the IRS or state agency and negotiating lower amounts if necessary.
To assist preparers with navigating the tax and health insurance implications of the Affordable Care Act, they can reference or refer clients to www.healthcareact.com. Powered by TaxACT, the site provides year-by-year guidance, calculators and state-specific information.
Providing more for less as the value leader
TaxACT is acclaimed for the value of its professional software and e-filing tax services. Federal Editions are $119.99 each, and Federal Enterprise Editions are just $199.99. State Editions are $24.99 each or $99.99 for each All-States Edition.
In order to accommodate the e-filing needs and budgets for businesses of all sizes, TaxACT offers per client return e-filing as well as several money-saving software and e-filing bundles ranging from $579 to $1,259.
For more information about TaxACT’s professional software and e-filing, visit prep.taxact.com.
TaxACT is the critically-acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. Since 2000, TaxACT has assisted with more than 45 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOR). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
TaxACT Public Relations
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate