Solutions draw on Unisys’ expertise in data analytics and cloud to help clients pave the way to digital business transformation and deliver innovative user services
London, UK, May 4, 2016 – Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced that it has added new consulting and advisory services to its suite of service management offerings. The new services better enable its clients to deploy and manage the popular ServiceNow® enterprise cloud as the linchpin in automated, analytics-backed solutions that enable delivery of new business and IT services and serve as drivers of digital-business transformation.
The new Unisys services – available in any combination relevant to the client’s requirements – include:
- Launch – Unisys installs and configures the ServiceNow enterprise cloud platform, creates a service catalog and dynamic end-user portal for service access, transfers operational data, trains end users on new features and functionality, and prepares the support organisation for the solution going live;
- Optimisation – Unisys formally reviews and benchmarks the maturity of the client’s current delivery and support processes, as well as the technical implementation of the current service-management platform, to drive a “maturity jump” from reactive help desk to proactive service desk, improve service desk productivity and streamline team resources;
- Management – Using the ServiceNow ServiceWatch suite for dynamic discovery and mapping of the relationships among IT components for specific business services, Unisys rationalises the client’s current investments and creates a software-defined support framework to manage new digital services and related cloud-based infrastructure;
- Integration – Unisys accelerates enterprise-wide connectivity between the ServiceNow platform and additional systems through either standard application program interfaces (APIs) or Unisys’ custom enterprise messaging bus; and
- Analysis – Unisys sets up real time collection of service delivery and usage data for dashboards and reports that help streamline operational efficiency.
These new services complement the previously announced Unisys platform management service for ServiceNow, a subscription-based offering in which Unisys takes on the management and maintenance of an organisation’s service-management environment to streamline and simplify operations.
“Service management solutions are a key enabler for digital business because they aggregate and integrate key elements – service catalog, data analytics, delivery channels and more – for successful deployment and management of a digital business model,” said Paul Gleeson, vice president, Service Integration and Management, Unisys. “In our new services Unisys applies the expertise in consulting, management, analytics and cloud implementation that we have gained in hundreds of engagements to extend the value of the powerful ServiceNow platform for our clients. Our solutions enable organisations to integrate and manage IT assets from mobile to cloud so they can deliver increasingly automated services to their workers quickly and cost-efficiently.”
Unisys will showcase the new services at the ServiceNow® Knowedge16 conference. The conference will take place May 15-20, 2016 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas. Unisys is a Gold Sponsor of the conference.
Unisys is a global information technology company that works with many of the world’s largest companies and government organisations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. Unisys specialises in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. With more than 20,000 employees serving clients around the world, Unisys offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solutions and high-end server technology. For more information, visit http://www.unisys.com/.
Follow Unisys on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Unisys and other Unisys products and services mentioned herein, as well as their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unisys Corporation. Any other brand or product referenced herein is acknowledged to be a trademark or registered trademark of its respective holder.
Nick Miles, Unisys EMEA, +44(0)7808 391543
Jenard Dyer, Unisys, +44 (0) 845 37 07 024
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate