MONTREAL, QC and SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – Jan 15, 2015) –
Core news facts:
- Biometric apparel company OMsignal today launched the OM Certified Training Program, the first exercise platform to take fitness to a new level by sharing immediate and actionable insights into the user’s biometrics, improving performance in real time. A video of the new OM Certified Training Program can be seen here.
- Using the OMsignal shirt to test proprietary fitness programs, personal trainers and health club owners can submit their biometric workout programs to the OMsignal Fitness Advisory Committee for certification. For more information regarding the certification criteria, go to www.omsignal.com.
- The OMsignal Fitness Advisory Committee is a group of Kinesiologists, strength coaches, personal trainers and doctors who provide counsel on proper uses of the OMsignal shirt in an exercise environment.
- Once certified, personal trainers and health clubs gain deeper understanding of their clients’ fitness levels, resulting in personalized sessions and workouts uniquely tailored to each client’s needs.
- OM Certified trainers and health clubs can access the OM Trainer Dashboard to monitor their clients’ biometrics during a workout or remotely to effectively guide their exercises and help them to achieve desired results.
- OM Certified Trainers can hold their fitness sessions as one-on-one or group sessions, both in-person or virtually via a dual-screen experience through OMsignal’s app on the iPhone/iPad, computer or connected TV. For group sessions, clients can opt to have the trainer share their live biometrics with the rest of the group.
- Upon completion of a session, the client will receive a workout report showing changes to biometric data and vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate, breathing volume, movement (including steps), movement intensity, heart rate variability, calories burned and total effort (also known as push).
- Trainers and health clubs can access and begin submitting workout programs to the OM Certified Training Platform now for certification. All four to six-week workout programs will be added to the OMsignal app and searchable by types of training (e.g. strength, cardio, endurance) or by a specific OM Certified Trainer. Access to these workout programs, the OM Trainer Dashboard and remote training will be available Spring 2015.
- Launched in 2014, the training ecosystem of the OMsignal app currently consists of a fitness test, which takes you through a complete workout to identify your baseline vitals. This test can be re-taken to re-asses your fitness improvement over time.
- For a complete list of OM Certified Trainers and their biometric exercise programs, go to www.omsignal.com.
Stéphane Marceau, CEO and co-founder, OMsignal:
“The OM Certified Training Program is a powerful asset for trainers and empowering for their clients. During workout trials, trainers discovered biometric tracking resulted in more personalized and impactful training sessions with their clients. With OMsignal, fitness trainers can measure their client’s effort from the inside and compare real-time biometric exertion and other key variables to help clients achieve higher levels of fitness.”
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz, Chief Medical Officer, OMsignal, and Orthopedic Surgeon, Fellow in Sports Medicine:
“There’s been a paradigm shift in training with the concept of prescribed workouts. Trainers are challenging their clients to think of physical fitness as medicine. I’m all for this, and the OM Certified Training Program is a real step toward giving our users and their trainers the tools they need to train biometrically. This is the birth of a quantified, informed workout experience.”
OMsignal designs biometric apparel that tells you what’s up with your body so you can better yourself daily. The leading product is a collection of men’s biometric smartwear shirts that track your fitness performance as well as elements of your daily health and wellness, so that you can make more informed fitness and lifestyle decisions. For more information and to order your OMsignal shirt, visit: http://www.omsignal.com.
Inner Circle Labs for OMsignal
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate