President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his administration is doing the best it can to end the Boko Haram insurgency.
Buhari made the comment on Thursday, April 28, 2016, while receiving French Minister of Defence, Jean-Yves Le Drian in Abuja, The Cable reports.
“When we got into office in May, last year, Boko Haram was effectively controlling at least 14 local government areas. But now, it is no longer so, and they have resorted to attacking soft targets with improvised explosive devices,” Buhari said according to his media aide, Femi Adesina.
“We are determined to secure all of our territory effectively. We are doing our best and our troops are now operating in the Sambisa Forest,” he added.
Buhari also expressed appreciation to France and other countries who have offered Nigeria support in its fight against terror.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate