Job Title: Commercial Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Recruiter: Executives Online – Région de Paris , France
Job description: – We are in reality looking for 2 Commercial Directors, one located in GHANA, Tema, (ref# 7751) and also one in Nigeria, Lagos (ref#7752). – For the profile that we are looking for for Ghana, Oil&Gas experience is highly desirable. – Re-engineer, re-inforce the Commercial and Business Development strategy, in the Forwarding, Logistics, Supply Chain sectors in GHANA or NIGERIA.
Your key accountabilities will be:
• Carry out regular market surveys with the help of Marketing.
• Identify and communicate market changes, key competitor’s strategies and industry trends to local, regional and corporate teams.
• Analyze the market’s attractiveness and competitive situation, with the main aim of achieving growth and profitability.
• Analyze our strengths and weaknesses as compared to the competitors.
• Provide reliable statistics, analyses and action plans to increase market share.
• Define, propose and lead the execution of the commercial strategy in order to develop business in all activities (Clearing, Forwarding and Supply chain).
• Review, adapt and/or amend strategy according to market challenges and business profitability.
• Identify, target clients and lead the selling process.
• Elaborate action plan in order to enhance our competitiveness, in terms of organization, service, quality, pricing, etc…
• Work with Operations and the various support departments to provide appropriate solutions to Customers.
• Provide active guidance and support in tenders, reviews and any other – Customer activity deemed strategic and relevant to the development.
• Manage the Quotations activity, monitor and improve the related performance (hit rate, response time, etc.)
• Build strong external and internal business relationships and network with key players.
• Manage the Commercial team to ensure quantitative and qualitative targets are met.
• Measure the performance of the Commercial team through appropriate metrics.
• Identify commercial performance gaps and put corrective actions in place.
• Train the commercial team to improve their knowledge and performance.
• Update personal knowledge and technical expertise.
• Monitor and report profitability analysis on Accounts.
• Participate in debt recovery actions.
• Monitor customers’ satisfaction issues.
• Attend the monthly/quarterly KPI’s reviews with the Key Accounts.
• Escalate opportunities with regional/global impact to regional/corporate Sales teams.
• Provide input and support for regional/global RFQs and/or for regional/global customers.
• Monitor contract compliance and for regional/global accounts proactively escalate non- compliance issues to regional/corporate sales teams.
• Provide monthly reporting on-time and within the agreed framework.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• University degree in Business and/or Engineering
• At least 5 years’ experience in a business development function in the Forwarding, Logistics, Supply Chain or Services industry.
• Ability to translate operational concepts into business solutions.
• Already in relation with key market stakeholdersExcellent command of written and spoken English and ideally also French
• Resourceful, flexible, able to handle competing priorities and able to fit into an international dynamic and multi-cultural environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong business acumen, organizational and leadership abilities as well as excellent communication skills
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office tools (Word, Exel, Powerpoint) and ideally familiar with the use of CRM tools
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Honest and possessing a high level of integrity
Tell us also how your experience and skills demonstrate a strong fit to this role. Be concise, and as specific as possible.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate