Job Title: Company Secretary
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: University of Lagos Holding Company Ltd (Unihold)
Recruiter: Workforce Management Centre Limited (WMC)
Specialization: Executive Management
Minimum Qualification: BACHELOR DEGREE
Required Experience: 7 – 10 years
The University of Lagos Holding Company was set up as an independent business entity to oversee the management of several subsidiary companies created by the institution to provide high quality products and services to both local and international markets. Positioned to achieve a greater vision of impacting the rapid growth of the University of Lagos community towards self sufficiency, the company is looking to hire top notch professionals to join her team in realizing this vision in the following capacities:
• Coordinate and liaise with regulatory authorities for regulatory enquiries, reporting, inspection or investigation.
• Accept responsibility for the full range of company secretary activities for subsidiary companies, advise and support the MD of these companies in the management of their stakeholders.
• Keep abreast of the latest legislation, including statutory, regulatory and corporate governance requirements as it applies to companies and boards and proactively educate and consult with the relevant boards and executive management to ensure that they are aware of these legal requirements, their impacts on the business, group etc.
• Assist the subsidiary companies in leading and monitoring the process and controls which ensure that all statutory, regulatory and corporate governance requirements are observed to ensure that Holding company and its subsidiary office companies are fully compliant with and follow best practice.
• Attend the relevant board meetings and their respective sub-committee meetings, as well as the periodic management meetings and ensure that they are run and administered according to company legislation
• Other responsibilities as may be determined by the Board from time to time
Qualifications and Requirements:
• At least 8 years experience in a structured company, 3 years of which should be as a Company Secretary
• First Degree in Law and must have been called to the Bar
• Additional qualification such as ICSA will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of all Regulatory and statutory bodies as it relates to corporate governance
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate