Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi, flanked by his deputy, Prof Modupe Adelabu (left) and Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Dr. Ganiyu at the inauguration of the Committee on Ekiti State Integrated Science & Technology Transformation Framework and Roadmap by the governor at the Executive Council Chamber.
A 12-member committee has been raised to review the educational policy of Ekiti State on science and technology and develop a comprehensive framework for its transformation into a knowledge economy.
“We are therefore committed to converting our brain into brawn for our people by accelerating development, skipping less-efficient routes and moving directly to more advanced stages of a knowledge-based economy,”
- Evaluate and analyse the current state and strategic objective of science and technology education at primary, secondary and tertiary levels;
- Evaluate and analyse the current application of the outcomes of science and technology education;
- Study the strategic objectives and goals of Ekiti Knowledge Zone initiatives;
- Study nations and sub-nations that have successfully leveraged science and technology for societal transformation and development;
- Review the institutional framework for science and technology training and education at the tertiary level in the state; and
- Make Ekiti the go-to hub for science and technology-based skills and sevices.
Ekiti State Government Press Release
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate