Job Title: Front End Project Completions
Auto req ID: 2090BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Company Description: Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Job Description Responsibilities:
• Provide support in planning the completion design to achieve Best in Class performance and production rate in Bonga Southwest and Bonga North projects while championing strong HSE culture. The Bonga South Wells and Bonga North completion design vary from single zone Cased Hole Frac Pack wells to triple zone Smart Completion.
• Ensure process safety considerations are fully embedded in the planning and design.
• Define the completion cost and schedule estimate appropriate to the project phase using SNEPCo internal, regional and global data for top quartile benchmarks.
• Provide Support to completions input to various project deliverables and control documents- including but not limited to Field Development Plan, Basis for Design, Value Improvement plan, Management of Change, Well Proposals, Environmental Impact Assessment, Risk and Opportunity register, Interface management.
• Provide support to the SNEPCo Completion Design Standard to ensure standardization of well concept and interchangeability of equipment across the project.
• Establish and maintain data and information management systems as necessary
• Provide support to various technical tenders, develop the technical specification and progress the following specialized tenders from tender initiation to contract award: Intelligent Wells products and services, Expandable Completion products, OCTG Production and Injection Tubing and Sand Exclusion Screens.
• Coach and mentor younger CWI staff in the Well Delivery Process in accordance with the Wells Framework.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
• Minimum 8-10 years CWI experience with at least 3 years in completions
• Drilling/CWI Round I and Round II
• Demonstrated success in a technical Deep Water Drilling/CWI position is required
• Experience in completion design and programming and the application of DCAF.
• Experience in operations logistics and materials
• Knowledge of the application of QA/QC processes and procedures.
• Experience in floating, deepwater completions and intervention operations.
• High level of HSE commitment and awareness.
• Good working knowledge and experience with the standard suite of well engineering software including:
• Good communication skills in order to fit into a multinational work force.
• Good command of the English language, written as well as verbal.
• Good report writing, communication skills and PC skills
• Good commercial awareness and appreciation of life cycle costing.
• An ability to work independently with the minimum of supervision.
• Flexible, self-motivated and dynamic personality, capable of performing in a work environment which only provides limited resources.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate