Being the Address delivered by the Governor of Ogun State, His excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR, at the Annual Remo Day 2019 held on Friday, 30th August, 2019 in London, United Kingdom
On behalf of the government and the entire people of Ogun State, I congratulate Kabiyesi, the Akarigbo of Remoland, His Royal Majesty, Oba Babatunde Adewale Ajayi, FCA, (Torungbuwa II); the Chairman and all members of the Remo Growth and Development Foundation (United Kingdom & Ireland); and, the entire people of Remoland on the commemoration of the 2019 Annual Remo Day. I also commend the organizers and every other person who have, in one way or another, contributed to making the 2019 Remo Day a reality.
2. Today’s event marks yet another milestone in the celebration of the outstanding qualities of the great people of Remo in Nigeria and in diaspora. l am highly impressed by your commitment and good track records as good ambassadors of Remoland, Ogun State and Nigeria in general, particularly in the UK. I pray that you will all continue to wax stronger in all your endeavours, and you will continue to bring fortunes back home. “Ise yin, ko ni di ise lagbara Olorun”. On this note, I welcome you all.
3. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, permit me to note that, here at home, our Administration is committed to giving Ogun State focused and qualitative governance and to create enabling environment for a Public-Private Sector Partnership, which is fundamental to the creation of an enduring economic development and individual prosperity for the people of Ogun State. We are also determined to provide an atmosphere that guarantees a more prosperous life for the people of Ogun State and all those who have made our dear State their home, wherever they may reside or do business in the State.
4. Let me say that all our sons and daughters in diaspora have role to play in the development of our dear State. Apart from the money sent home from abroad, which is a contributing factor to the economic development of Ogun State, and Nigeria, you can also partner with us in our Administration’s “Building our Future Together” Agenda, particularly in the area of technical know-how which you all have been readily exposed to in your sojourn abroad. We believe that our State could gain a lot from your exposure and wealth of experience abroad.
5. Let me emphasize that our dear State is now an investors’ destination of choice. But, we are also aware of the number of unemployed youths in our State. As an Administration committed to the yearning, interests and needs of the people, we have launched the Ogun Job Portal, jobs.ogunstate.gov.ng on 15th August, 2019. Let me state that this job portal will register, on a continuous basis, employed and unemployed youths in the State with a view to providing them jobs and training opportunities suitable for their trade and academic qualifications. All graduates and those with vocational skills across the State provide their information and we endeavor to match them with potential employers, training opportunities, not only within the Public Service but also with the Private Sector, as our partners. In this area, you could partner partner with us on training and retraining and providing job opportunity for our people. You could as well partner with us in providing assistance in the area of human capital development for our dear State’s Public Service.
6. As a matter of fact, as we are all gathered here, today, there will be cross-fertilization of ideas from different discussions, I can assure you that your contributions and or recommendations from this gathering are keenly awaited for the successful implementation of “Building our Future Together” Agenda.
7. At this point, let me also assure you that as an Administration, we will continue to partner all major initiatives and enterprises that will bring more fortune to our people and our dear State, and you will find us a worthy partner. Together we will build the Ogun State of our collective dream.
8. Let me also use this opportunity to reassure all the people of Ogun State in the 3 Senatorial Districts that our Administration is irrevocably committed to an all-inclusive governance. And, in the implementation of our policies and execution of our development projects, all the different zones of our dear State will not be left out. The impacts of our development agenda will be felt in all parts of our dear State – Towns, Cities and Villages.
9. Once again, I felicitate with the Chairman and entire members of the Remo Growth and Development Foundation (United Kingdom & Ireland) on the commemoration of the 2019 Annual Remo Day. I wish you all a wonderful celebration.
10. I thank you all for listening, and God bless.
E so e!
Igbega Ipinle Ogun, Ajose gbogbo wa ni.
Prince (Dr.) Dapo Abiodun, MFR,
Governor of Ogun State, Nigeria
Friday, 30th August, 2019.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate