LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM–(Marketwired – December 02, 2014) – Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2014 (3Q14) Microwave Equipment
report, which tracks time-division multiplexing (TDM), Ethernet, and dual Ethernet/TDM microwave equipment.
MICROWAVE ANALYST NOTE
“So far this year, the microwave equipment market has been in a revenue dip, trending downward due to pricing pressures and intertechnology competition with wireline backhaul alternatives. But now the combination of LTE-A upgrades and modest growth in small cell deployments is giving the market a small injection of energy,” notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for mobile backhaul and small cells at Infonetics Research.
Webb continues: “Several vendors saw improved quarter-over-quarter results in the third quarter, and we expect the microwave equipment market to inch up in 2015.”
3Q14 MICROWAVE EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- In 3Q14, the worldwide microwave equipment market hit $1.1 billion, up 4% sequentially, though down 2% from a year ago
- Backhaul continues to dominate the microwave market, while access and transport remain stable niche segments
- The EMEA region (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa) leads the world in microwave equipment revenue, followed by Asia Pacific
- Pricing pressure on microwave gear persists: Infonetics forecasts ARPU for Ethernet-only units (which account for an increasing proportion of shipments) to decline to around half its 2013 value by 2018
- Topping the microwave equipment market share leaderboard in 3Q14 are (in alphabetical order): Alcatel-Lucent, Ceragon, Ericsson, Huawei, and NEC
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Infonetics clients are invited to join Richard Webb live or on-demand Dec. 10 at 11:00 AM EST for a microwave market outlook. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=815.
MICROWAVE REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly microwave equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for Ethernet, TDM, and hybrid microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, architecture, and line of sight. Vendors tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, Ceragon, DragonWave, Ericsson, Exalt, Huawei, Intracom, NEC, SIAE, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Carrier WiFi market to hit $3 billion in 2018
- Carrier SDN and NFV market forecast to reach $11 billion by 2018
- Survey: MNOs see strong role for small cells, but backhaul challenges remain
- Revenue growth constrained in macrocell mobile backhaul market despite demand
- Momentum building in millimeter wave market, ignited by outdoor small cells
- Mobile operators evaluating SDN and NFV for more flexible and cost-effective backhaul
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
- Infonetics’ 2015 Mobile Backhaul and Microwave Market Research Lineup
- Small Cell Backhaul Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (Sept. 16)
- Small Cell Equipment Forecast (Sept. 19)
- Millimeter Wave Equipment Forecast (Oct. 6)
- Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services Forecast (Oct. 14)
- Coverage and Capacity: Macrocells, Small Cells, DAS, and Carrier WiFi (Oct. 13)
- Analyst Note: Vendors Set their Sights on Non Line of Sight (Oct. 31)
- Carrier WiFi Equipment Forecast (Nov. 5)
- Residential and Enterprise Femtocell Equipment Forecast (Dec. 4)
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment Forecast (Dec. 10)
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on-demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- NFV with SDN Service Chaining for Quickest New Revenue (Dec. 11: Attend)
- Making Mobile Backhaul Flexible with NFV and SDN (View on-demand)
- The Role of NFV in Mobile Networks (View on-demand)
- Evolving from Backhaul to Fronthaul with C-RAN (Jan. 2015: Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See job openings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard email@example.com +1 408-583-3335
N. A. (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408-583-3395
Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides here.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/12/2/11G027661/Images/2014-Infonetics-3Q14-Microwave-Eqpmt-Mkt-Fcst-Char-1045381530839.jpg
Directing Analyst, Mobile Backhaul and Small Cells
+44 1689-851-618 or +1 408-583-3369