Job Title: IT Officer
Location(s): Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting To: Admin Manager
Employer: Marie Stopes International
• Lead and coordinate information, technology support, and related activities.
• Identify and evaluate different options and choose the right course of resolving hitches.
• Provide support and manage the IT infrastructure in MSN offices across Nigeria.
• Provide network configuration and resolve problems with infrastructure support software both at Server and User level.
• Maintain functionality of office LAN, Internet access rights and Printer sharing
• Provide support on-Site and remotely on both server (Windows server 2008) and user levels (Windows XP, Windows 7 and Macintosh)
• Evaluate and install new technologies such as patches, version upgrade, integrated new system etc,
• Administer server room to make sure that all systems and all business processes are running effectively.
• Design, Install and test new software releases and system upgrades
• Provide professional guidance during selection and procurement of IT related systems
• Back up and recover data against disaster to ensure sustainability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a combination of relevant education and experience; A+ or Network+ certification preferred
• Significant experience with network technologies, including local-area network (LAN) protocols, wide area network (WAN) protocols, IP routing and DMS
• Very strong Excel and database skills (Access, MySQL, SQL Server)
• Significant experience with network hardware, including routers, switches and hubs,
• High degree of computer literacy, proficiency in IT infrastructure configuration, and demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications required.
• Knowledge of other commercial database applications, including SQL and experience supporting accounting packages helpful.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• Fluency in English, including speaking, reading, and writing.
• Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria and internationally as the need arises
Length of Contract: Two (2) years (with possibility of extension)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are to submit a suitability statement and an updated CV as a single document online or to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position & location applied for as subject of the email e.g. Finance Officer Kano.
Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate