Job Title: Senior Buyer/Contract Administrator
Employer: General Electric (GE)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1881424
Business: GE Power & Water
Business Segment: Power & Water
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Sourcing
Relocation Assistance: No
• Reviews, evaluates, and monitors department purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and legal compliance; takes responsibility for procuring appropriate items or services; creates and reviews purchase orders; researches and resolves receiving and accounts payable issues; inputs, edits, and retrieves purchasing data; disburses and maintains files related to purchase orders and purchasing; maintains other department files including those pertaining to vendors, bids, quotes, and other correspondence.
• Negotiate price, delivery and terms on equipment/service purchases.
• Document savings; participate in development of strategic sourcing plans for the business.
• Provide status and expedite as required.
• Looks after supplier receivables improvement.
• Responsible with developing compliance culture in the geography they are responsible for.
• Support to assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
• Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, with special focus on cost out/productivity initiatives & on-.time delivery optimization;
• Understand strategies for assigned commodities and drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives under coordination of Sourcing Leader
• Manage medium complexity issues within functional area of expertise to meet business KPIs in line with Sourcing objectives
• Provide coordination and leadership in procurement activities
• Perform continuous market analysis and monitor supplier progress
• Diploma or Bachelor degree.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in sourcing/purchasing in areas related to power generation equipment, Oil & Gas, construction, software, hardware or services.
• Excellent communication skills; must have excellent written and verbal English language skills;
• Strong financial skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong business acumen.
• Strong data analysis skills.
• Solid communication and presentation skills,
• Ability to be effective in a cross-functional, cross-cultural team environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• Sourcing commodity leadership/buying experience.
• Africa regional experience
• 4-7 years strategic sourcing experience.
• Oracle or SAP purchasing system experience.
• Advanced business degree.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate