Job Title: Supply Chain Finance Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Oil Exploration and Production Company
Recruiter: Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
• Reports to the Legal Manager
• Enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney’s trial proceedings.
• Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
• Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
• Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
• Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
• Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
• Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Investigate the facts of cases and ensure that all relevant information is considered.
• Identify appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles, and other materials for assigned cases.
• Compile, analyze, and organize information.
• Gather exhibits.
• Prepare written reports.
• Prepare legal arguments for lawsuits.
• Draft pleadings and motions filed in court.
• Assist attorneys during trials.
• Organize and track files from case documents and make them available and easily accessible to attorneys
• Prepare tax returns.
• Establish trust funds.
• Supervise other law office employees.
• Reporting Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Litigation, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Client Confidentiality.
• LLB. Law
• Masters in Law is an advantage
• Candidate must have 3-5 years post bar experience.
• A fluency in French language is mandatory for this role.
• Willingness to travel
How to Apply:
Candidates with the requirements above should apply online or send CVs to email@example.com
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate