Designed for use in potentially explosive industries such as oil and gas
BRACKNELL, UK. 27TH MAY 2014
Panasonic today announced an ATEX certified version of its leading Toughpad FZ-G1 10.1 inch Windows 8 Pro tablet (based on 1st generation) designed for use in potentially explosive atmospheres in industries such as the oil and gas sector. The device was launched at the equipment and technologies show for the oil and gas industry Neftegaz 2014, in Moscow, Russia.
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX has been certified for above ground, Zone 2 Working Space use in potentially explosive gas environments.*
To secure the certification, Panasonic developed a special battery design for the ATEX version of the tablet and incorporated the device in a purpose-built leather case.
“For the first time, the oil and gas industry and other sectors sensitive to potential gas explosions have access to a rugged Windows tablet that is ATEX certified for use by mobile workers,” said Jan Kaempfer, Head of European Marketing, at Panasonic Computer Product Solutions. “This is an important step and allows these specialist industries to take advantage of the same productivity benefits Panasonic Toughpad are already delivering to businesses and mobile workers around the world.”
The Toughpad FZ-G1 was Panasonic’s first fully rugged Windows 8 Pro tablet designed for mobile workers who spend much of their time working outside. The fully rugged device use the latest IPSα Panel technology providing a new level of viewing quality for tablet users working outside with its 800cd/m² brightness.
The fully rugged Toughpad FZ-G1 is certified according to MIL-STD-810G as well as an IP65 ingress protection rating for resistance to dust and water.
With built-in battery saving technology such as its ambient light sensor, the Toughpad FZ-G1 can operate for 8 hours in ATEX zones.
The FZ-G1 comes as standard with a high quality front web camera and optional 3MP rear camera with double flash capability for clear document, asset or site photos whatever the light conditions.
Windows and customisable application keys on the front of the device assist workers in jumping to key apps and tools by just pressing one button.
The Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX goes on sale in Europe from June 2014. The device will be available at an estimated street price starting from £1,915 STG + VAT.
* Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX certifications:
Lesley Booth, Amber Group
Tel: 0118 900 1136
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
PSCEU is the European branch of Panasonic Systems Communications Company, the global B2B division of Panasonic. PSCEU’s goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. Products include PBX telephone switches, document printers, professional cameras, projectors, large visual displays, rugged mobile PCs and fire alarms solutions. With around 400 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of four product categories:
- Communication Solutions, including professional scanners, multifunctional printers, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European projector market with 28 % revenue share. (Futuresource B2B market tracking, Q1/2014)
- Professional Camera Solutions, including Broadcast & ProAV products, security, fire alarm systems and industrial medical vision (IMV) technology. Panasonic is one of the top two professional camera vendors in Europe.
- Computer Product Solutions helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 66.4% revenue share of the rugged and durable notebook market and Panasonic Toughpad held a 50.4% revenue share of the rugged business tablet market in 2013 (VDC Research, March 2014).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.70 trillion yen (71.5 billion Euros) for the year ending March 31, 2014. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company’s website at panasonic.net
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate