Job Title: Support the Development of an Alternative Funding Plan – Online Volunteer
Organization Name: Reconciliation and Peace Development Centre (RPDC)
Employer: UN Volunteers (UNV)
• Reconciliation and Peace Development Centre (RPDC) is developing an alternative funding plan for the sustainability of its peace club.
• The online volunteer is expected to: research and develop efficient and effective external funding options for the peace club; provide detailed activities and proper timing for the funding options; provide clear and concise implementable strategies for the funding options, and any other information that will be useful to make up the plan.
• The online volunteer is expected to be available for six weeks, starting from 23rd September, 2013.
• The online volunteer will have the support of RPDC staff through email and telephone conversation to carry out the task.
• The online volunteer is expected to document the methods used in completing the task, write and forward a detailed proposal of the alternative funding plan to RPDC.
• RPDC Peace Club is an arm of RPDC It is a youth-based club that comprise of both secondary and tertiary institution students, where members are trained on the skills of leadership, entrepreneurship, and conflict resolution and management through in-house seminars, workshops and short courses.
• Academic excursions and other social activities (concerts, games, etc.) are periodically organized for the members to enhance academic knowledge and promote peace culture and non violent behavior.
• Due to increase in membership and the limited resources available in our organization, we are looking at a better alternative funding options to support the sustainability of the club.
• The funding plan will help the organization to conduct effective and low cost fundraising activities to raise funds to sustain the clubs programmes and activities.
Region or country: Nigeria
Development topic: Crisis prevention and recovery
Areas of expertise: Business and administration; Social services
Hours per week: 6-10
Duration in weeks: 6
If you are interested in undertaking this task, please submit a CV, and clearly outline how your previous experience will be an asset to the assignment.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate