The acting President, Yemi Osinbajo has ordered that Nigerian foods and drinks be served at state banquets.
Osinbajo said the government will give preference to Nigerian providers so the economy can be strengthened.
The acting President said this when he met with top government officials at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
According to Daily Post, Osinbajo said “I agree that a system of rewarding performance, and punishing malfeasance is key. We must work out incentive schemes even as we tighten up sanctions regimes.
“We hit 70 percent quickly on the 60 days of ease or doing business target because of the cooperation of all the agencies like ministry of interior, immigrations, customs etc and that is why the remaining 30percent we will also achieve and deliver. I will hold myself accountable to it and I will also hold you accountable.
“Usually, we blame the system. But the system is men and women not machines. So we can and must reform it.
These proposed executive orders present a unique opportunity to perform. Ladies and gentlemen let us perform.
“The President has laid out a cornerstone policy of this administration. We must grow what we eat and make what we use. The President again enunciated this principle in the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan…Buy Nigerian, Use Nigerian.
“So we must now insist that at state banquets we eat and drink Nigerian.”
Recently, there have been whispers of an alleged plot by the military to unseat acting President Osinbajo.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate