Mai Mala Buni, governor of Yobe State, has appointed 24 special advisers to assist him in his role.
In a statement released on Monday in Damaturu, the acting Secretary to the State Government, Shuaibu Abdullahi, announced the clearance.
According to Section 196(2) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), the number of such advisers shall be prescribed by law or by resolution of the State House of Assembly. This approval led to the appointments.
List of the newest Special Advisers:
1. Dr Kole Shettima (Policy Delivery)
2. Dr Mahmoud Bukar Maina (Science Research and Innovation)
3. Gen Dahuru Abdulsalam (retd.) (Security Matters)
4. Usman Adamu Kabarma (Political and Legislative Affairs)
5. Alh. Mohammed Lamin (Basic and Secondary Education)
6. Alh. Mala Musti (Higher Education)
7. Alh. Bukar Dauda (Commerce)
8. Hon Abdullahi Usman Kukuwa (Energy and Transport).
9. Sen. Alkali Abdulkadir Jajere (Agriculture)
10. Hon Yerima Lawan Yunusari (Local Government Affairs)
11. Hon Mohammed Samaila Nguru (Environment)
12. Alh. Mohammed Kadai (Finance).
13. Hon Zanna Ali Machina (Wealth and Job Creation)
14. Hon Wakil Ahmed Sarki (Investment)
15. Barr. Baba Dala (Legal Matters)
16. Hon Bala Ajeje (Rural Development)
17. Hon Abba Gana Tata ( Works)
18. Ustaz Baba Gana Malam Kyari (Religious Affairs)
19. Hon Musa Gamcho Tela (Health)
20. Sen. Adamu Garba Talba (Humanitarian Affairs)
21. Hajiya Hajara Ibrahim Potiskum (Women Affairs)
22. Alh. Baffa Maina (Hajj Operation)
23. Hon Kachalla Mai Hassan (Special Duties)
24. Hon Waya Dagari (Information)
All appointments are effective immediately, per the announcement.
State governors are allowed to engage special advisers to help them carry out their duties in accordance with Section 196(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) as amended.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate