The Federal Government Wednesday, said that 144 of 486 intercepted travellers to Abia State, have been released.
The coordinator, National Information Centre, Mr Mike Omeri, stated this yesterday while briefing the press on the current security situation in the country.
He said one of the suspects connected with Boko Haram had been named and investigation was ongoing to unravel the circumstances.
Speaking on the alleged abduction of 60 women and children in Borno, last week, Omeri disagreed, pointing out that there was no sufficient evidence to prove the abduction actually took place.
He said: “Our findings also corroborated the position of the Borno State government, as conveyed by Governor Kashim Shettima, who said that there are no sufficient facts on the alleged abduction of 60 persons”.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate