Job Title: Care Coordinator
Location(s): Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Avon Healthcare Limited (Avon HMO)
Reporting to the Head of Provider Services, Care Coordinators will:
• Leverage their clinical expertise and extensive knowledge of the Nigerian health care system, will plan, coordinate, implement and monitor medical services delivered to enrolled members under the Avon HMO plans.
• Analyze trends for internal monitoring purposes and external reporting
• Liaise with other departments in order to improve overall customer service
• Uses available resources to promote quality, cost effective outcomes
• Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Associate degree in Nursing Or a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Required Work Experience:
• Five years of recent clinical experience in a defined specialty area, such as oncology, cardiology, neonatology, maternity, rehabilitation services, mental health/chemical dependency, orthopedic or general medicine/surgery
• Or five years of utilization review, case management, clinical or a combination of experience; three of the five years must be clinical experience.
• Previous case management and case note auditing experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of quality improvement processes and demonstrated ability with these activities.
• Knowledge of contract language and its application.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and make sound decisions.
• Good judgment
• Demonstrated customer service, organizational and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to persuade, negotiate or influence others.
• Analytical or critical-thinking skills.
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word or other word processing software.
• Team player
• Ability to drive.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online or send their detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 6th December, 2013.
Applicants should please state the job position applied for in the subject header.
Avon HMO is a fair and equal opportunity employer; all applications are welcome regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin or religious belief. We also believe in liberty of labor and seek to retain talent and foster employee loyalty through the uniqueness of the work environment we create and the opportunities for growth, leadership and career advancement that we offer.