Job Title: Claims Processing Officer
Location(s): Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Avon Healthcare Limited (Avon HMO)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: – Responsible for handling claims data entry. – Also for uploading, reviewing, investigating, negotiating and processing claims for payment.
Qualification and Skills Requirements:
Education and Experience:
• 3+ years of medical claims experience
• 2+ years of experience with international standard health insurance operating software applications
• Solid understanding of standard claims processing systems and claims data analysis
• Previous experience processing claims from beginning (uploading and preprocessing) to end (generating payment schedules)
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Health Insurance background compulsory
Skills and Abilities:
• Detail oriented with problem-solving abilities
• Strong organization, time management, project management skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to handle detailed work, work with varying types of data and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to display a courteous, patient, and helpful attitude toward fellow employees and customers. Above average interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
• Ability to work in a diverse team
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply online or send their detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: 6th December, 2013.
Applicants should please state the job position applied for in the subject header.
Avon HMO is a fair and equal opportunity employer; all applications are welcome regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin or religious belief. We also believe in liberty of labor and seek to retain talent and foster employee loyalty through the uniqueness of the work environment we create and the opportunities for growth, leadership and career advancement that we offer.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate