Job Title: DDIC State Coordinator – Public Health
Location: Zamfara and Sokoto, Nigeria
Employer: John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a US-based International Public Health Consulting Firm
Job Details: The State Coordinator will provide guidance and management support for the Direct Delivery and Information capture (DblC) for distribution of health commodities in Sokoto/Zamfara state. The successful candidates will be based in Sokoto and Gusau respectively and will report to the DDICNational Coordinator in the Abuja office.
1. Provide overall technical guidance and support for DDIC activities in the state.
2. Provide technical support to state medicines management agency and state programs coordinators to ensure availability (full supply where possible) of ODIC commodities in the state.
3. Carry out ODIC system delivery teams’ training and workshops.
4. Prepare periodic progress reports on DDIC implementation activities in the state.
5. Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the state Ministry of Health, State Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs State programs, Partners and relevant agencies at state level.
6. Act as the Secretary for the DDICTWG meetings.
7. Work closely with State Central Medical Stores (CMS) and team leaders to schedule pilot DDIC deliveries to the SOPs.
8. Prepare and circulate delivery schedules to program managers, the state CMS pharmacist and the team leader.
9. Review and approve Letters of Request from Team Leaders at the beginning of a delivery run.
Skills and Qualification:
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum skills and qualifications:
1. Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Pharmacy, Public Health, Business Administration and logistics management
2. At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in international health care supply chain management program
3. Specific experience in malaria, reproductive health and/or maternal and child health programs is strongly desired
4. Ability to supervise, monitor and provide support to health facilities in supply chain activities
5. Extensive knowledge of Nigerian public health sector
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
7. Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired
8. Ability to work as part of a tea m and work independently
9. Knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
10. Ability and willingness to travel to the field
Remuneration: JSI offers excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply online or submit their cover letter and resume to (firstname.lastname@example.org) within one week from the date of this advert with salary expectation boldly written at the top of the resume.
Please ensure that you write the position applied for in the subject line of your email, otherwise you will be disqualified.
Multiple applications will be disqualified.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate