Job Title: Actuary
Employer: H R Nigeria Ltd.
• Responsible for providing actuarial consulting services and senior analytical support to a wide range of clients;
• Anticipates client issues, needs or concerns and proactively develops solutions to meet those needs;
• Initiates or participates in new business development opportunities within the practice.
• Manages client relationships;
• Connects with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner;
• Effectively communicates to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process;
• Makes and/or assists in effective oral presentations to clients or prospects, as part of a team or individually;
• Supervises, mentors and coaches junior staff.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• University degree in Mathematics, Actuarial science;
• Completion / near completion of Fellowship Status with an internationally recognised actuarial Institute;
• 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in a consulting environment required;
• Excellent client relationship skills;
• An interest in and aptitude for business development;
• Superior communication skills, both written and oral. Must be a highly motivated, client service and team oriented individual;
• Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of H R Nigeria.
Originally founded by Hymans Robertson UK, H R Nigeria is an independent actuarial firm established in 1993. Our select group of advisers offers consulting in a wide range of areas including employee benefits, the traditional aspects of insurance such as pricing, financial reporting, Enterprise Risk Management, Life, General and Health Insurance. H R Nigeria Ltd. is also a founding member of Abelica Global – an international alliance of independent actuarial and consulting firms operating in over 20 countries.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate