Job Title: Volunteer – Research Organisations to Support HIV program through Sports
Organization Name: Mgbala Agwa Youth Forum
Employer: UN Volunteers (UNV)
• We organize annual soccer competition.The purpose of the competition is to bring to the fore the issues of HIV/AIDS in the community,and to seek behavioral change among youths.
• Twelve communities compete for a trophy within the two weeks soccer event.
• We use the opportunity to distribute condoms,create awareness on HIV/AIDS as well as educate youths on healthy living
• We seek for volunteers that will research for organisations that can support the event with footballs,Jerseys and sport pants
• The soccer event usual commence on 20th of December,and end on January 4th or 5th.
• We shall provide to the volunteer information regarding the event and the community.
• Volunteers shall be coordinated by a team lead that will be selected from the volunteers.
• Volunteers that can not dedicated ample time to this opportunity need not to apply
Number of volunteers: 15
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: The Mgbala Agwa Youth Forum (MAYF) is a grassroots non-partisan, non-profit, nongovernmental organization (NGO) operating in Imo State, Nigeria. It’s mission is to help create awareness and educate people on HIV/AIDS and STD‘s, protect the environment, alleviate poverty, and empower youths.
1 To strengthen the capacity of Mgbala Agwa Youths Forum to support people infected and affected by HIV
2.To increase HIV/AIDS awareness in Mgbala Agwa Community within the Christmas period
3.To contribute to the reduction of HIV/AIDS infection among youths in Mgbala Agwa Community through sports activities
Region or country: Sub-Saharan Africa
Development topic: Youth
• Research Ability,Ability to write report and deliver on deadlines
• Ability to write a convincing request
Areas of expertise: Business and administration
Hours per week: 6-10
Duration in weeks: 10
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate