Job Title: Consultancy Services – Plan Nigeria Project Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employer: Plan International
Sector: Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
• Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan’s stated Global Strategic Goal (2011-15) is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values. Plan has a global income of around $800m.
• Plan USA took ownership of the Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA) in November 2012. As part of this it also acquired an operating entity in Nigeria (CEDPA Nigeria). Whilst the CEDPA parent entity has been absorbed into Plan USA (USNO), it has been agreed that the Nigeria subsidiary operation should be transferred from Plan USA to Plan International as the entry portal for establishing a Plan Country operation in Nigeria.
Purpose of role:
• Plan WARO needs to manage the production of a business plan, development of a project budget, the transition of CEDPA Nigeria to Plan Inc. and start-up of Plan country operations in Nigeria. The Business Plan and investment proposal is due to be submitted to the International Board, as part of the FY15 budgeting process, in March 2014. Currently we are working on an assumption that the transition of CEDPA Nigeria and recruitment of key staff will have been completed for operational start-up around July 1, 2014.
• Plan WARO is therefore looking for an experienced Project Manager who can lead this work.
Proposed project milestones:
• Development of a Business Plan for a Plan entity in Nigeria – mid February 2014
• Preparation of detailed project plan for Year one (FY15) including budget approval, and a high level plan for years two and three– end April 2014
• Plan and enact the process of transitioning CEDPA Nigeria from Plan USA to Plan Inc. This will include; 1) ensuring all legal, administrative and governance structures are in place, and 2) setting up of financial and HR systems – to be fully completed by end June 2014
• Transitioning line management of CEDPA Nigeria to WARO – to take effect as of the 1st July 2014
• Recruitment of country start-up staff – to be in place by 1st July 2014
• Develop launch communications plan – end May 2014
Reporting: The Project Manager will have functional reporting to Plan WARO’s Deputy Regional Director – Programmes. The Project Manager will work closely with the project team throughout the transition phase.
This is a Project Management role. The candidate must have proven experience in:
• business planning
• strategic planning, budgeting, negotiation, workforce planning and general management managing projects to tight deadlines, meeting expectations and staying within budget
Additionally, experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
• organisational change
• setting up and opening new offices in complex environments
• working with multiple stakeholders with different agendas and priorities
• due diligence
• working in insecure and volatile countries
• development contexts, especially around administrative, legal and financial obligations
How to apply:
Please apply online or send all applications to: Damien.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due date for Plan to receive applications from interested individuals: 15 November 2013.
Start date: As soon as possible – nominally 25 November 2013, initially for eight months
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate