Job Title: Inventory Officer
Location(s): Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting To: Admin Manager
Employer: Marie Stopes International
• Develop the organisation’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
• Safeguard, manage and maintain the organisation’s fixed asset and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
• Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks.
• Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete/redundant and proper disposal of expired items through an approved standard procedure.
• Ensure that goods inward stock control department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support other units in achieving the goals of the organisation.
• Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs by monitoring & evaluating material utilization.
• Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
• Perform cyclic stock checks by ensuring integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
• Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
• Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• A relevant tertiary qualification, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within an NGD or similar,
• Ability to use OuickBooks and Access Database will be an added advantage.
• An excellent track record of leadership, communication and team building
• Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to manage a broad portfolio of work delivering high quality, cost effective and time-bound results
Length of Contract: Two (2) years (with possibility of extension)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are to submit a suitability statement and an updated CV as a single document online or to email@example.com, quoting the position & location applied for as subject of the email e.g. Finance Officer Kano.
Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate