The Nigerian Army has reacted to the recent video posted by Boko Haram sect showing some abducted Chibok school girls explaining why they would prefer to remain in the group’s custody.
The video was dismissed by the Nigerian Army in a recent statement by the Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman.
Usman said: “The attention of Nigerian Army has been drawn to two video clips released by one of the released Boko Haram terrorists in exchange for the abducted Chibok school girls.
“In the first clip the terrorist, among other things, made boastful and spurious allegations, while the second clip was about alleged indoctrination of some of the abducted Chibok school girls in captivity.
“We wish to state that the terrorist has lost touch with current realities,” he said.
Usman stressed further that the terrorists are only seeking attention and relevance with the videos as they have lost touch with current realities.
“It was aimed at seeking relevance and attention,” Usman continued. “As you are all aware, he was a direct beneficiary of the process that led to the release of 82 of the abducted girls, and does not have a say or capacity to do anything, therefore his threats should be ignored.
“We would like to assure the public that the Nigerian Army is totally committed to the Federal Government’s determined efforts of rescuing all abducted persons and peace in the country.
“We will not relent our determined efforts of clearing the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists as manifested through the ongoing clearance operations,” he said.
Usman also hinted that the Nigerian Air Force is unrelenting in its bombardment while other Security Agencies are equally doing their best.
The Boko Haram sect posted a video on Saturday morning, May 13, 2017 showing three young women wearing black veils, with their eyes barely visible.
Earlier on Friday, May 12, 2017, Ahmad Salkida, a Nigerian journalist said another clip showed one of the Boko Haram commanders recently released by the Nigerian government in exchange for 82 Chibok girls.
“The video has Shuaibu Moni, one of the swapped BH commanders issuing threats to Nigerian authorities and its president,” Mr. Salikda tweeted Friday.
Support InfoStride News' Credible Journalism: Only credible journalism can guarantee a fair, accountable and transparent society, including democracy and government. It involves a lot of efforts and money. We need your support. Click here to Donate